Category Archives: Author: Laura
- Does what you read vary by the season? For instance, Do you read different kinds of books in the summer than the winter?
- If so, do you break it down by genre, length of book, holiday, or…?
Don’t forget to leave a link to your actual response in the comments—or if you prefer, leave your answers in the comments themselves!
Mary wants to know…
- Do you keep a list of books to read?
- Where do you keep your list (computer, PDA, paper, etc.)?
- How often do you refer to your list? Every time you go for a new book to read? When book shopping? Or?
If you want, highlight the stuff in the box, then copy it to your blog.
Christine wants to know…
- Do you make notes in books as you read them?
- Why or why not?
- If you do, do you make notes only in certain kinds of books or all of them?
- Do you read in bed? For how long? Do you fall asleep reading? Will a good book keep you up all night?
- Where do you keep your nighttime reading? Do you have a special table next to the bed? Are there many books there? Do you keep books there that you aren’t reading (finished or unread)?
This week’s questions were suggested by Xine, who no longer seems to have an account on Blogger, and I don’t know where she went.
- Do you read short stories?
- Why or why not?
- What do you like and dislike about short stories?
- Do you own any bookends? If so, how many sets? If not, do you need or want any?
- Which are your favorites? How long have you had them?
This week’s questions were inspired by Caroline. She can’t read The Joy Luck Club without thinking of potstickers and wontons… And no, we’re not talking about cookbooks here. Please leave those out of this discussion. 😉
- Do you enjoy books that have cooking or eating scenes in them?
- Have you made or eaten anything that was inspired by a recipe or scene in a book?
Deb has graciously agreed to help me out here in this meme by coming up with questions for you all to answer this week and in the future. Yippee! Not only is Deb a book junkie—as evidenced by her library of 2,760 books—but she is also a superb knitter, and mom to her sweet dog, Chappy. Make sure you check out her blog, especially if you’re into lace knitting. Wow!
Thank you, Deb!!
This week’s questions were suggested by Christine.
- Do you read non-fiction books for pleasure, not counting books required for courses or for work?
- If so, what areas of non-fiction interest you the most? If not, why not?
- What are some of your favorite books from those areas?
Wait! It’s Thursday. Wholly cow. For being physically present, I’ve been emotionally elsewhere of late. Sorry this is late, but at this point I’m lucky to have remembered it at all. Gads.
This week’s questions were suggested by Marie.