- In 1956, these were the top ten best sellers for the year. Have you read any of them?
- Don’t Go Near the Water, William Brinkley
- The Last Hurrah, Edwin O’Connor
- Peyton Place, Grace Metalious
- Auntie Mame, Patrick Dennis
- Eloise, Kay Thompson
- Andersonville, MacKinlay Kantor
- A Certain Smile, Françoise Sagan
- The Tribe That Lost Its Head, Nicholas Monsarrat
- The Mandarins, Simone de Beauvoir
- Boon Island, Kenneth Roberts
- Which ones have you read? Did you like them?
- If you’re like me and haven’t read a single one, which ones have you heard of?
- Will you be putting any of these books in your reading list?
Best sellers from 1956
By --Deb on