Most stories are about people. Some authors are better with descriptions of places or things or weaving a tale than they are with character development. Some authors make the characters really come alive, seem like flesh and blood individuals with wills of their own, not merely the creation of someone’s imagination.
- What author that you remember having read does the best character development?
- What book/series do you think is that author’s shining work with regards to character development?
- What was (were) your favorite character(s) in that book or series?
- Do you ever find yourself really liking a character in a book that you’re certain you would never be friends with in real life?
- Do you ever re-read a book to visit a character because you miss him/her?