Booking Through Thursday
What kind of care do you take of your books? Let’s review, shall we?
- Are you careful with the spines? Or do you crack your books open to make them lay flat?
- Do you use bookmarks? Or do you dog-ear the corners? If you do use bookmarks, do you use those fashionable metal ones? Or paper?
- Do you write in your books? Ever? If you do, do you make small marks, or write in as much blank space as you can find? Pen or pencil? Highlighter? Your name on the front page?
- Do you toss your books on the floor? Into bookbags? Or do you treat them tenderly, with respect?
- Do you ever lay your book face-down, to save your place?
- Um–water? Do you bathe with your books? Hold them with wet hands? Read out in the rain? Anything of that sort?
- Are your books lined up on a bookshelf? Or crammed in any which way? Stacked on the floor?
- Do you make a distinction–as regards book care–between hardcovers and paperbacks?
- And, to recap? Naturally, you love all of your books, but how, exactly? Are your books loved in the battered way of a well-loved teddy bear, or like a cherished photo album or item of clothing that’s used, appreciated, but carefully cared for?
- Any additional comments?
Don’t forget to leave a link to your actual response in the comments–or if you prefer, leave your answers in the comments themselves!